2018 SUMMER CLASSES
Beginning Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $105 +$30 for materials and firings
~Tuesdays, July 10th – August 14 4 pm – 6 pm OR 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm∼
~Wednesdays, July 11th – August 15 4 pm – 6 pm
- Learn to make the basic vessels on the pottery wheel. We’ll start with mugs move on to bowls then progress to lidded containers and vases.
- Learn glazing techniques and surface treatments.
- The last class period will be used to glaze any unglazed pieces.
Advanced Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $105 + $30 for materials and firings
∼Mondays, July 9 – August 13, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm OR
~Wednesdays, July 11 – August 15, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Build on the concepts learned in the beginning class. Make larger vessels, learn to make 4 similar vessels, learn to make altered pieces from wheel thrown pottery
- Learn different glazing techniques and different surface treatments.
- Learn to trim vessels in leather hard stage
3 two week sessions of Children’s Clay Camp! Cost: $200 per child. Includes materials and firings.
Enjoy many of the possibilities of clay. Use the electric wheel to make bowls, plates and cups. Try out the slab roller to make boxes, signs and a miniature fort for your favorite toys. Experience the extruder to create animals and people for your fort, and a bird feeder for the garden.
~July 9th – July 20th Monday – Friday 10 am – noon~
~July 23rd – August 3rd Monday – Friday 10 am – noon~
~August 6th – August 17th, Monday – Friday 10 am – noon~
Friday and Saturday Evenings
Bring your best friend, sister, brother, child, spouse, or a group!
Experience how to throw vessels on the electric potter’s wheel.
Cost is $10 an hour per person + $5 material fee per person. People tend to make two – six items on a date.
Dragon Fire Ceramics accepts cash, checks and credit cards.
Please make checks out to Katherine Sabelman.
Gift Certificates available!
Submit your review
Spent some time here, wonderful place. Full of creative energy. Just lets your creative juices flow. I made a lot of slab work and coil work. Great time. Will be a constant visitor. Thank you Kitty for all your patience!