POTTERY CLASSES January – February 2020
Beginning Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Thursdays, January 9th – February 13th 6:30 – 8:30 pm OR
~ Fridays, January 10th – February 14th 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Learn to make the basic vessels on the pottery wheel.
We’ll start with mugs, move on to bowls and plates then progress to pitchers and lidded containers
Learn glazing techniques
Intermediate Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel : Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Wednesdays, January 8th – February 12th 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Build on the basic skills learned in the beginning classes or past experience
- Make multiples of everything in order to gain muscle memory in your hands
- Learn new forms
- Create larger pieces
- Learn trimming
- Learn to make altered pieces like teapots and pitchers
- Learn new surface techniques. We will explore wax resist, scrafitto, making and using stamps, and marbelizing clay.
Advanced Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 + $40 for materials and firings.
~Mondays, January 6th – February 10th 18th 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm OR
~Tuesdays January 7th – February 11th 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Build on the concepts learned in the beginning and intermediate classes.
- Create your own set of stamps
- Use oxides or stains to enhance your artwork
- Perfect your pottery
- Bring your own ideas to share with the class
Children’s Pottery Classes ages 8-14 Cost is $ 120 for 6 sessions all materials and firings included
~Thursdays, January 9th – February 13th 4:30 – 6:30 pm OR
~Fridays, January 10th – February 14th 4:30 – 6:30 pm
- Learn to make pottery on the potter’s wheel
- Learn to create masks with slabbed clay
- Learn to trim your pots like a professional
- Bring your imagination ready for creating!
Date Nights Cost is $15 per hour per person + $5 material fee per person.
~Saturday Evenings 4 pm – 6 pm or 7 pm – 9 pm
Bring your best friend, sister, brother, child, spouse, or a group! Why not celebrate your anniversary or have your bachelorette party or … at the studio.
- Experience how to throw vessels on the electric potter’s wheel.
- Don’t worry if you’ve never made pottery before, there’ll be lots of help for the hard stuff!
- People tend to make two – six items on a date.
Dragon Fire Ceramics accepts cash, checks and cards.
Please make checks out to Kitty Sabelman.
Gift Certificates available!
Submit your review
Spent some time here, wonderful place. Full of creative energy. Just lets your creative juices flow. I made a lot of slab work and coil work. Great time. Will be a constant visitor. Thank you Kitty for all your patience!