POTTERY CLASSES October – November 2019
Beginning Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Wednesdays, October 16th – November 20th 6:30 – 8:30 pm OR
~Thursdays, October 17th – November 21st 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Learn to make the basic vessels on the pottery wheel. We’ll start with mugs, move on to bowls and plates then progress to pitchers and lidded containers
- Learn glazing techniques
Intermediate Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel : Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Tuesdays, October 15th – November 19th 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Build on the basic skills learned in the beginning classes or past experience
- Make multiples of everything in order to gain muscle memory in your hands
- Learn new forms
- Create larger pieces
- Learn trimming
- Learn to make altered pieces like teapots and pitchers
- Learn new surface techniques. We will explore wax resist, scrafitto, making and using stamps, and marbelizing clay.
Advanced Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 + $40 for materials and firings.
~Mondays, October 14th – November 18th 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Build on the concepts learned in the beginning and intermediate classes.
- Create your own set of stamps
- Use oxides or stains to enhance your artwork
- Perfect your pottery
- Bring your own ideas to share with the class
Children’s Pottery Classes ages 8-14 Cost is $ 120 for 6 sessions all materials and firings included
~Thursdays, September 26th – November 7th 4:30 – 6:30pm No class on Halloween.
Thursdays, November14th – December 19th No class on Thanksgiving
- Learn to make pottery on the potter’s wheel
- Make a set of dishes to eat from
- Learn to trim your pots like a professional
- Bring your imagination ready for creating!
Date Nights Cost is $10 per hour per person + $5 material fee per person.
~Friday and Saturday Evenings 4 pm – 6 pm or 7 pm – 9 pm
Bring your best friend, sister, brother, child, spouse, or a group! Why not celebrate your anniversary or have your bachelorette party or … at the studio.
- Experience how to throw vessels on the electric potter’s wheel.
- Don’t worry if you’ve never made pottery before, there’ll be lots of help for the hard stuff!
- People tend to make two – six items on a date.
Dragon Fire Ceramics accepts cash, checks.
Please make checks out to Kitty Sabelman.
Gift Certificates available!
Submit your review
Spent some time here, wonderful place. Full of creative energy. Just lets your creative juices flow. I made a lot of slab work and coil work. Great time. Will be a constant visitor. Thank you Kitty for all your patience!