POTTERY CLASSES July – August 2019
Beginning Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Wednesdays, July 10th – August 5th 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Learn to make the basic vessels on the pottery wheel. We’ll start with mugs, move on to bowls and plates then progress to pitchers and lidded containers
- Learn glazing techniques
Intermediate Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel : Cost is $120 +$40 for materials and firings.
~Tuesdays, June 25 – August 6th 6:30 – 8:30 pm. There will e no classses the week of July 1 – 5 due to the holiday
Build on the basic skills learned in the beginning classes or past experience
- Make multiples of everything in order to gain muscle memory in your hands
- Learn new forms
- Create larger pieces
- Learn trimming
- Learn to make altered pieces like teapots and pitchers
- Learn new surface techniques. We will explore wax resist, scrafitto, making and using stamps, and marbelizing clay.
Advanced Adult Pottery on the Electric Potter’s Wheel: Cost is $120 + $40 for materials and firings.
~Mondays, June 24th – August 5th 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. There will be no classes the week of July 1 – 5 due to the holiday.
- Build on the concepts learned in the beginning and intermediate classes.
- Use multiple colored clays for a marbled appearance
- Learn to use slips and stains
- Create your own set of stamps
Children’s Workshops ages 8-12 Cost is $ 120 for 6 sessions all materials and firings included
~Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays July 8th – July 19th 1 – 3 pm OR
~Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays July 22 – August 2nd 1 – 3 pm OR
~Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays August 5th – August 16 1 -3 pm
- Learn to make pottery on the potter’s wheel!
- Learn to sculpt with clay!
- Bring your imagination ready for creating!
Date Nights Cost is $10 per hour per person + $5 material fee per person.
~Friday and Saturday Evenings 4 pm – 6 pm or 7 pm – 9 pm
Bring your best friend, sister, brother, child, spouse, or a group! Why not celebrate your anniversary or have your bachelorette party or … at the studio.
- Experience how to throw vessels on the electric potter’s wheel.
- Don’t worry if you’ve never made pottery before, there’ll be lots of help for the hard stuff!
- People tend to make two – six items on a date.
Dragon Fire Ceramics accepts cash, checks and credit cards.
Please make checks out to Kitty Sabelman.
Gift Certificates available!
Submit your review
Spent some time here, wonderful place. Full of creative energy. Just lets your creative juices flow. I made a lot of slab work and coil work. Great time. Will be a constant visitor. Thank you Kitty for all your patience!